Based on the official guidelines issued by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) in the US and the advice to the public issued by the WHO, we have established the following cleaning protocol for hosts that we recommend you follow between two guests:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after the cleaning, with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 70% alcohol.
- Wear disposable gloves at all times when cleaning and disinfecting, and discard them after each cleaning.
- Make sure your place is well ventilated during the whole process, especially when disinfecting and using chemicals (open all windows)
- First, clean surfaces using soap and water, then use recommended disinfectants (for instance in the US EPA-registered household disinfectants)
- Diluted household bleach solutions and alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol may also be used if appropriate for the surface. Make sure your bleach is intended for disinfection and is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.
- Practice daily cleaning of high-touch surfaces like tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, thermostats, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc. Leave solution on the surface for at least 1 minute.
- Don’t forget soft surfaces: for carpeted floor, rugs and drapes, clean with appropriate cleaners. If possible, launder items as appropriate.
- Avoid sharing electronics as much as you can. For touch screens, remote controls or keyboards, follow manufacturer’s instructions. If no guidance available, consider use of alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol.
- For linens, towels and other items that go in the laundry, wear disposable gloves when handling them or wash hands afterwards. Do not shake! Launder items as appropriate, possibly using the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely. Clean and disinfect clothes hampers. Place a bag liner that is either disposable or can be washed.
- Empty the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning. Disinfect the vacuum cleaner, along with other cleaning appliances like the dishwasher and washing machine.
Are you a misterb&b host already? The first time you’ll log in after December 16, 2020, you will be asked to accept the cleaning protocol to be able to continue to use our services.
New hosts: you will need to accept the cleaning protocol to certify your listing.
In both cases, a special badge will appear on your listing, informing travelers of your efforts to guarantee their safety.